Please read Canton of Basingestoches meeting announcement for more information.
The weekly Baronial Thrown Weapons practice will not be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2015.
Lord Seamus wishes you well and hopes to see you at thrown weapons practice the following week, Wednesday, July 29.
To supplement weekly Tuesday opportunities to practice with bow and arrow, an additional Saturday Archery practice will be held on July 18, 2015 in the Barony of Endewearde. This practice will take place at the home of Master Godric & Baroness Margaret in Bangor, Maine and starts at 1:00 pm. Come over to shoot royal rounds and to hang out with friends.
There will also be a pot luck revel. Bring something to cook on the hot grill and enjoy relaxing with friends. Further information is available for this archery practice and revel on this website’s Master Calendar.
There will be a Canton of Basingestoches Heavy Fighter practice on Thursday, July 16, 2015 from 5:00-8:30 pm. The site is Apple Blossom Acres, 397 Douglas Highway, Lamoine, ME 04605. Loaner gear will be available so if you have never played heavy list before or have an incomplete fighter kit, you will be able to participate.
Questions? Contact Lord Thomas de Marr, Seneschal of the Canton of Basingestoches, for more information.
All combat practices in the Barony of Endewearde that would normally meet at the Bangor Housing Authority site in Bangor, Maine on Sunday, July 5 and Sunday, July 12, 2015 are cancelled. This includes Adult Heavy List, Youth Combat, Youth Fencing, and Adult Fencing.
This Friday, July 3, 2015, from 4:00 – 8:00 pm my doors will be open for another project night to continue where we left off last Tuesday, June 30th. It would also be a great time to pull together the float and plan the parade actions.
If you are interested in working on your projects at his home in Bar Harbor or would like to help with the float please contact Thomas through his email address which can be found on the Canton of Basingestoches (incipient) website at http://basingestoches.eastkingdom.org
A rather dismal forecast for heavy rains on Wednesday, July 1st has resulted in the cancellation of thrown weapons practice in Hermon. Stay dry and in good spirits!
There are several practice opportunities and schedule changes in the barony and cantons this week.
Tuesday (June 23rd)
- Archery practice in Bangor has been reschedule to Wednesday, June 24th
- Project night in Bar Harbor is cancelled (Canton of Basingestoches).
Wednesday (June 24th)
- Archery practice will be held in Bangor at Master Godric’s home starting at 5:00 pm. Contact Lord Alan for more information.
- Thrown weapons practice (Hermon) will be relocated to Master Godric’s home in Bangor. Contact Lord Seamus for more information.
- The Canton of Wyndriche is holding fighter practice in Belfast, Maine from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Steamboat Landing, Front and Commercial Streets, Belfast, Maine. This is an impromptu combat practice and opportunity for the demonstration of medieval arts. Contact Syr Cedric for more information.
Sunday (June 28th)
- The Barony of Endewearde will not be holding weekly combat practice at the Bangor Housing Authority site on Davis Road in Bangor. Instead starting at 5:00 pm weekly practice and a demo of SCA combat & arts will take place at Eastern Maine Community College (EMCC) at 354 Hogan Road in Bangor. We will be setting up on the athletic fields near Johnston Gym and can use the gym in case of rain.
Schedule changes have been updated on the Endewearde calendar.
Baronial officers email contacts can be found under the People category on this website’s menu bar.
There will be a SCA Demo for the Eastern Maine Community Colleges’ Summer Success Academy on Sunday, June 28th from 5:00-8:00 pm. Members can arrive as early as 5:00 pm for set-up with the demo starting at 6:00 pm.
Location: Eastern Maine Community College, 354 Hogan Road, Bangor, Maine. We will meet at the EMCC Soccer field next to Johnston Gym. The gym will be available to use in case of rain or if folks want to set up displays.
The regularly scheduled Sunday afternoon combat practice at the Bangor Housing Authority on Davis Rd in Bangor is cancelled. Instead Sunday combat practice will take place at this demo.
Questions? Contact the SCA Demo Organizer Saruca bint Lazari. Her email address can be found through the Baronial Officer page on this website – look under “People” on the top menu bar.
An announcement to all archers: Yes, it is raining. But archery practice is running on Tuesday, June 16, 2015. Archers shall shake their fists in defiance at the weather gods. It is left to your discretion whether or not you are willing to get wet. Remember that the archery field probably is very very damp too. Also the archery captain is involved in a project in the garage, so he is hoping that a few marshals will show up to help run the practice for him.