Enjoy the last part of your Maine summer by taking part in the following medieval activities in the Barony of Endewearde, the Canton of Basingestoches and the Canton of Wyndriche (incipient):
Tuesday August 29
- Archery practice starts at 5:30 and ends about 7:00 pm at Master Godric’s home in Bangor.
- There will be an informal gathering at the Las Palapas Mexican Restaurant near the Bangor Mall after Tuesday archery practice to start a discussion about what updates may need to be done to the Barony of Endewearde charter. This meeting is open to all. The street address is Las Palapas Mexican Restauarant, 8 Bangor Mall Blvd, Bangor, ME. The restaurant is located just behind Toys R Us. You can download the most recent version of the Barony of Endewearde Charter (March 13, 2016).
Wednesday August 30
- Arts & Sciences Project Night at the home of Lord Thomas de Marr’ and Lady Lijsbet van Catwiic in Bar Harbor will focus on making cordials. Bring along your supplies and get inspired to create delicious adult beverages. Thomas and Lijsbet welcome visitors at 6 pm.
- Thrown Weapons practice at the home of Lord Seamus in Hermon starts at 5:30 pm. Come out and get in some practice time on the thrown weapons range in anticipation of the Endewearde Thrown Weapons Championship tournament being held at the Endewearde Hunt in early October.
Thursday August 31
- Thrown weapons practice at the home of Syr Cedric of Thanet in China starts at 5:30 pm. Practice, practice, practice for the Thrown Weapons Championship coming up in October.
Saturday September 2
- Endewearde Hunt site cleanup day at 2910 Western Avenue, Newburgh, Maine starting at 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM. Please bring your work gloves and any tools you may have. There’s work to be done! Please bring a lunch! We can start up the fire pit if needed! Also remember there will be no bathrooms on site, so bring a roll of toilet paper! Remember many hands make light work, the more the merrier! You can follow the Hunt Site Cleanup facebook group and learn more details.
Sunday September 3
- Baronial Combat Practice and Medieval Crafts meets every Sunday at the Bangor Housing Authority, 161 Davis Road, Bangor, Maine from 4:00-7:00 pm. When the weather is nice you can find us outside. This practice is open to anyone interested in learning more about the activities we do in the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) and is free of charge. You can find the venue by following these driving directions.
Any last minute cancellations due to poor weather conditions such as an outdoor practice getting rained out will likely be posted on the Endewearde facebook group just before the start time.
Look ahead on the Endewearde Master Calendar to find out what activities and events are coming up in the Barony of Endewearde, the Canton of Basingestoches, the Canton of Wyndriche (incipient) and newly forming group known as Sios Thoir in Washington County, Maine.