Their Excellencies Baron Ané du Vey and Baroness Sylvia du Vey are excited to announce the first Baronial Arts and Sciences Championship of Endewearde. All artisans of Endewearde are invited to enter their best works for the title of Arts and Sciences Champion.
The Championship will be held on Saturday January 7, 2017 at the Feast of Saint Sylvester in the Canton of Basingestoches. Please see the official announcement for event details.
The championship will be judged as a body of work. Entrants shall enter a minimum of two items with a maximum of five. Each item should have been made within three years of the competition. The items can be from a single discipline or from multiple disciplines. The winner of the competition is the Endewearde’s Champion of Arts and Science.
Entrants will have the following
- Approx. 3 ft of table space.
- Access to electrical as requested in pre-reg.
- Floor space as requested in pre-reg.
- White table cloths for table cover are being supplied. If you wish a second covering please bring.
- All entries must be pre-registered to ensure appropriate judges are selected.
- Absentee entries will not be accepted.
- Each entrant is responsible for their entry and making sure that it is placed on the correct table.
- Documentation is highly encouraged.
- Judging will be done by the populace in the first round, using appropriate rubrics for each entry. The second round will be judged by a team of knowledgeable artisans. Entrants may not judge in the competition.
- Entries shall be judged on their own merit and not compared to any entries by other entrants.
- If judges have a question about an entry, it is their prerogative to send for the entrant to ask questions.
- The entrant will be scored based on the entirety of the works entered. Items will not be individually scored. There will be alternate score sheets for performance, written works, brewing/cooking and general entries. The body of work will be averaged from the alternate forms.
- Performing entries are limited to 15 minutes, including introduction and will be performed in front of the current Champions and the Baron and Baroness.
There will be two rounds
- First Round: The first round of judging will be performed by the populace. All of the rubrics have been published for attendees to view and understand before the championship (See score sheets below). Meisterin Agatha Wanderer will also hold very brief workshops on the day of the championship to educate attendees about how to use rubrics appropriately. The populace will be required to understand and use the rubrics in the judging of each artisan’s work. Each populace judge should expect to spend approximately 2-5 minutes per artisan. Positive constructive comments are highly encouraged. Negative comments will not be acceptable.
- Second Round: The top five entries will be announced and will be judged face to face. Approximately 15 minutes will be allotted for each of the top five entrants.
Eligibility: All championship entrants must physically live within the boundaries of Endewearde in order to be eligible for a championship. Artisans who are not residents of Endewearde may certainly display their arts, but may not compete.
- All levels of entrants are encouraged, however the competition is designed to acknowledge the best artisans in the Barony. We encourage all artisans of the Barony to enter.
- As this is a competition, the focus will be on the judging of the entries. Artisans and populace will not be allowed to be present with their displays during the first round of judging. During the second round, there will be approximately 15 minutes of face to face judging for the top five entrants.
- There will be time before and after judging for artisans and populace to view and appreciate the entries.
- There will also be a separate display area set up for those who would like to display their work but not enter the competition.
- For entrants requiring cooking / kitchen access: it will be limited, but available. Please contact for further information and to have a spot reserved.
Competition Registration Information
- Please email your registration information to Lady Yzabel du Perche at email@example.com AND Meisterin Agatha Wanderer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line A&S CHAMPIONS REGISTRATION
- Entrants MUST register by Tuesday, December 27, 2016 in order to coordinate judges.
- Those interested in Judging please contact Lady Yzabel du Perche and Meisterin Agatha Wanderer at the emails above with the subject line A & S CHAMPIONSHIP JUDGING.
You may download and review the following score sheets (pdf)
- General Score Sheet (pdf)
- Cooking Score Sheet (pdf)
- Performance Score Sheet (pdf) (revised September 2016)
Meisterin Agatha has prepared an aid to help those writing research documentation as follows:
- as-research-rubric (pdf) (added December 8, 2016)
The following revisions have been made to this document:
9/11/2016: Uploaded replacement Performance Score Sheet.
12/05/2016: Added to the Rules section that “Documentation is highly encouraged.”
12/05/2016: The first bullet point paragraph in the Judging section has been rewritten.
12/08/2016: Added Arts & Sciences research rubric guide.
Follow Us On Social Media
A facebook event page Feast of Saint Sylvester / A&S Championship has been created where you may ask questions and keep up with the latest information about this event. Information about the feast menu, activities, day schedule, and arts & sciences championship are discussed on this facebook event page.