There will be an informal meeting to discuss those areas of the Endewearde charter which need to be updated to be in compliance with Society and East Kingdom law as well as to reflect the policies of the Barony of Endewearde. All are welcome to attend.
The meeting will be held at the home of Lord Finán mac Bressail, Seneschal of Endewearde, in Bangor, Maine and will start at 7:00 pm.
Lord Finán has posted a list of proposed topics on the Endewearde facebook group for this meeting as follows:
1. The glossary needs to have more complete definitions. Currently it has explanations of some acronyms, but very few actual definitions.
2. I’d like to have a discussion about the use of the term “citizen” as opposed to “resident”. Kingdom uses one, and not the other.
3. Communication, currently the charter still references the Yahoo! group as the “official” channel for communications, and it should probably be talking about the website or the official email addresses or something.
4. Terms of the Baronial Seat, these are dictated to us by Kingdom, and we need to tighten up some discrepancies.
5. We need to clarify the terms of a Vote of Confidence. Is it simple majority? 2 thirds? Doesn’t need much, but it should be clear.
6. Some parts of Section A.6.a seem kind of “advicey”, which can make for sloppy law. Laws need to be clear in order to be enforceable, so there’s some clean up that needs to be done here.
7. The refund policy, we would like to get something in writing, though this might be able to go into something like an “Exchequers Handbook”.
8. Speaking of “Handbooks”, should we have places where policy gets written down, that don’t need to be ratified by the populace? Should we have a set of laws governing all aspects of X, or should there be wording in the Charter to the effect of “and will execute the duties of the office as per the X Handbook”? Policy is easier to change than law?
9. Exchequer term limits, we need these to line up with Kingdom.
If anyone has any other ideas, please send me a private message either through facebook or by email to email@example.com and I will consider adding it to this list.