Report for the Court of: Baron Ané du Vey and Baroness Sylvia du Vey
Event: Jehan’s Fencing and Fighting at the Fort
Location: Prospect, Maine (Endewearde)
Event Date: April 29, 2017
Court Report Date: April 30, 2017
Reporting Herald: Brita Mairi Svensdottir
|Cody of Endewearde||Portcullis of Endewearde||Pewter medallion cast by Master Cedric of Thanet using molds made by Hew of Albion|
In other business:
The Baron welcomed everyone to the event and praised the event steward for a job well done.
The event steward, Alesone Gray, thanked all her staff and called forth the people in charge of the various competitions to announce the winners.
Syr Cedric announced that Bison of Thunder was the winner of the armored combat tourney. He received a stick of rattan.
Thomas de Marr announced the winners of the youth combat tourney: Cody of Endewearde for Division 1, Richard de Marr for Division 2 and Jamie for Division 3. They each received a handwoven belt in Endewearde colors made by Halldis Ulfsdottir. They also received tokens for their participation. Earlier in the day, Kathryn van Catwiic and Richard de Marr had been awarded prizes for their efforts at Tourney of Love: youth weapons made by Thomas de Marr.
Halldis Ulfsdottir announced the winners of the A&S competition:
- Fiber arts: Olall for her pattern darning. She received a sewing kit she herself hade made for the prize.
- Metal/leather/woodworking: Hrafn is Augu. He received a first aid kit.
- Miscellaneous: Isabella Altoviti for her harp playing. She received a cordial made by Richard de Marr.
Trian announced the winners of the rapier tourneys:
- Christian Wolfe of Edinburgh for Cut and Thrust. He received the buckler made by Syr Cedric which he may carry until the next Jehan’s
- Lucian de Wyntere for the schlager tourney. He received a cloak to carry until the next Jehan’s.
- Radbod of Endewearde announced that Jordan Harvey was the new baronial rapier champion and presented him with the baldric and sword of the rapier champion. Radbod was thanked for his year of service.
Cody of Endewearde was presented with the Order of the Portcullis of Endewearde.
Magnus Morty, Seneschal; of Ravensbridge, was called into court where he presented an eloquent plea for Endewearde to ally with Malagentia in the upcoming Great Northeastern war. He also announced a largesse contest between Ravensbridge and Giggleswick to benefit the toy chest, favors for the Queen or gifts for the crown to give.
The Baron announced that Endewearde would side with Malagentia at Great Northeastern War and remarked that it amused him that Malagentians had to come to Endewearde to pick fights with each other. Everyone was thanked for coming and asked to help clean up the site.
This closed the court.