To those Nobles, Peers and Gentles these words may reach, do we The People of Endewearde send greetings and salutations. As the dark days of Winter are lit by the Festive season, so do we invite those who would join us in celebration of Twelfth Night. To be held in the heart of our fair Barony, with displays of the Gentle Arts and Sciences, Dancing, Singing and other entertainments to drive the deep cold of Winter away. A sumptuous Feast plus stout dayboard are planned, guaranteed to satisfy both body and soul.
Site Opens: 9:30 AM
Site Closes: 10:00 PM
ACTIVITIES AT TWELFTH NIGHT
This is a partial list of possible activities that will be held. Details will be confirmed and a day schedule will be published closer to the event.
- There will be a Royal Court of Their Royal Majesties Ivan Ivanov yvnuk Tzardikov and Matilde de Cadenet.
- Their Excellencies Baron Ane du Vey and Baroness Sylvia du Vey will not be holding baronial court at this event. They will instead be holding baronial court at the Feast of Saint Sylvester (January 13, 2018) and the Tourney of Love (February 10, 2018).
- There will be a class on court heraldry taught by Master Malcolm Bowman.
- Athena’s Thimble is in the planning stage to hold an embroidery panel.
- There will be an Kingdom Arts & Sciences Consultation Table where you can have your Arts & Sciences documentation reviewed or ask questions about how to document your item. You can learn more about this process by reading the East Kingdom Gazette article A&S Consultation Table Deputy.
- There may be dancing.
- There will be an evening feast. If you plan to attend feast you must pre-register. There are still several seats left as of mid November 2017.
Unitarian Universalist Church of Bangor
120 Park St. Bangor, ME 04401
The event site is accessible per the East Kingdom Accessibility Porter’s Checklist
Driving directions and parking information will be added to this event page.
Adult Site Fee: $15
Youth Site Fee (6-17): $10
Child (0-5): Free
All adults showing proof of current SCA Membership will receive a $5 discount on their site fee.
Feast: Adult Feast Fee: $20
Youth Feast Fee (6-17): $10
Child (0-5): Free
Make Checks Payable to: SCA Maine, Inc – Endewearde
Please download and send in the Twelfth Night Feast Reservation Form with payment to reserve your place for the evening feast.
Update: Youth Pizza Party during Evening Feast
We understand there are limited seats available. To that end, we have devised a Plan™.
The Youth of the East are invited to partake in a pizza party to be held at the same time as Feast. If you are pre-registering and are up in the air about whether or not to seat your children at Feast, know they would be very welcome to join the pizza party.
When you register for feast, simply put the number of people attending the pizza party in the notes field so we can have a rough head count before ordering pizza. There is no additional cost for this.
If you have any questions, please contact me here, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Reservations to:
Kingdom Twelfth Night Registration
28 Dirigo Dr.
Bangor, ME 04401
The pre-registration form is posted above. Do not send registrations without it.
Canadian reservations for feast
If you are coming from Canada, and wish to register for feast, please email the event stward at email@example.com. We are happy, as always, to take reservations in good faith.
Event Steward: Lady Audrye Beneyt (mka Danielle Hunt)
WHERE TO STAY
Greetings! There is now a hotel group rate available for this event at the Fireside Inn and Suites during your visit to our fair lands. The rate is for January 5th and 6th, 2018. Please indicate you would like the “SCA” block rate when you call. This hotel is centrally located 1.5 miles away from the event site.
Attached to your hotel you will find Geaghan’s Pub & Craft Brewery which has excellent food and tasty beer. Just across the street is Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor if you’re interested in a little late night entertainment (with free parking). Please try to make all reservations before Dec 6th when the block will be dispersed to the general public.
There are also many fine hotels in the greater Bangor area including one hotel in the center of downtown Bangor that is within walking distance to the event venue.
Steward: Lady Audrye Beneyt
Deputy Steward: Baroness Margaret of Rochester
Dayboard: Lord Edmund Beneyt
Evening Feast: Lord Gruffydd Abernethy
Travel & Hospitality: Lady Saruca bint Lazari
Arts & Sciences Display: Mistress Agatha Wanderer
GUEST MINORS REQUIRED PAPERWORK
If you are planning to bring a Youth Minor (anyone under the age of 18) to a Society for Creative Anachronism event for whom you are not their parent or legal guardian, then you must obtain the proper forms and signatures. This policy applies to relatives of the guest minor as well (siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins).
You can read Endewearde’s FAQ for Guest Minors so you can plan to obtain the necessary forms, signatures and notary public services before the youth guest minor accompanies you to an event.
SCA HARRASSMENT AND BULLYING POLICY
Read the SCA Harrassment and Bullying Policy.
- THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS.
- Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions.
- If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a seneschal, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can ask questions and follow discussions related to this royal progress event on the public facebook page East Twelfth Night 2018.