Thrown Weapons practice this week has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 22, 2016 starting at 5 pm. Practice will meet as usual at the home of Lord Seamus na Coille Aosda.
Thrown weapons practice in Hermon and the Canton of Basingestoches Project Night in Bar Harbor is cancelled on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 in favor of attending the baronial event planning meeting in Bucksport.
See you next week!
There will be a thrown weapons range clean up on Wednesday, April 20th at 5:00 pm. The main tasks are clearing small saplings and hauling brush. Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty or stained with pine pitch. Bring work gloves if you have them. Other tools will be provided.
The following Wednesday, April 27th at 5:00 pm our weekly thrown weapons practices will resume.
The thrown weapons practice range is located at the home of Lord Seamus na Coille Aosda: 563 Billings Rd., Hermon, Maine.
Direct questions to Seamus na Coille Aosda on Facebook, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a couple of cancellation announcements to share for Wednesday, August 26, 2015. Lord Seamus has cancelled Thrown Weapons practice in Hermon, Maine and Lord Thomas has cancelled SCA Project Night in Bar Harbor, Maine. These weekly activities in the Barony of Endewearde should be running as usual next week.
Saturday, August 15, 2015 (Bucksport, Maine)
- Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship will be held at the Bucksport home of Sir Ané du Vey and Mistress Sylvia du Vey, Baron and Baroness of Endewearde. Come participate in the competition or to practice flinging things on the thrown weapons range. Dress is casual – party tunics or other SCA garb are encouraged (but street clothing is ok).
- Adult Heavy List practice will also be held at the home of our beloved Baron and Baroness in the afternoon. There is no Adult Heavy List practice in Bangor on Sunday, August 16, 2015.
Sunday, August 16, 2015 (Bangor, Maine)
- Adult Rapier Combat and Youth Combat starts at 4:00 pm . Loaner gear is available. This is a weekly practice that usually runs between 4:00-7:00 pm each Sunday afternoon.
- Youth Fencing and Adult Heavy List practices are cancelled today.
- There will be a Scribal Illumination Workshop for both the very new and experienced. Bring what scribal supplies you might have, or just yourself if you are new to drawing and painting, and join in for a late afternoon of instruction and doodling. There is no fee. No garb is required – just wear everyday street clothing. There are plenty of tables and chairs.
- Speedbump will be visiting us to run a workshop on How To Build Your Own Combat Archery Bolts and Arrows. If you want to learn more about combat archery and the supplies needed in a casual class environment then this is the workshop you’ve been waiting for. No SCA garb is required.
Driving directions to the Bangor Housing Authority gym are available at http://endewearde.eastkingdom.org/wp/bangor-housing-authority/
Upcoming Endewearde practices, events, and other activities are listed on the Master Calendar webpage. We hope you will join us at one of our upcoming activities.
The Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship competition will take place on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at the home of Sir Ane du Vey and Mistress Sylvia du Vey, Baron and Baroness of Endewearde. In addition to the thrown weapons practice, adult heavy list practice will also be held at this site.
For more information and the day schedule for thrown weapons please refer to the Baronial Thrown Weapons Practice posting on the Barony of Endewearde website.
The Barony of Endewearde’s Sunday combat practice has moved to Dedham for Sunday, August 2, 2015.
There will be an Adult Fighter & Fencer Practice at the home of Lord William of Wyndhaven in Dedham, Maine. Loaner fighter gear will be available. An official thrown weapons practice will run if a thrown weapons marshal is available. A garbed potluck dinner will follow combat practice. This gathering starts at 4:00 pm and runs until 9:00 pm. If the weather is uncooperative that day and it rains, the focus will shift to the Pennsic Pity Party and will be held indoors. The firepit will be lit and the grill will be ready to cook.
Adult Fighter & Fencer practice will not be held at the Bangor Housing Authority site that day. Lord William’s home is located at 3 Anderson Way, Dedham, Maine, 04429. It is just beyond the Bald Mt access. The road is actually Johnson Rd and the lane to William’s home is Anderson Way.
Additional information and driving directions are available through the Sunday, August 2nd entry on Endewearde’s Master Calendar.
Please wear garb to this SCA gathering.
The weekly Baronial Thrown Weapons practice will not be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2015.
Lord Seamus wishes you well and hopes to see you at thrown weapons practice the following week, Wednesday, July 29.
A rather dismal forecast for heavy rains on Wednesday, July 1st has resulted in the cancellation of thrown weapons practice in Hermon. Stay dry and in good spirits!
Archery and Thrown Weapons practice seasons begin soon in the Barony of Endewearde.
Target Archery practice begins on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 starting at 5:00 pm and running until dusk at the home of Baroness Margaret and Master Godric in Bangor, Maine. Lord Alan of Whittlesey is the archery marshal in charge of practice.
Thrown Weapons practice begins on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 6:00 pm at the home of Lord Seamus in Hermon, Maine.
Both of these are outdoor practices and are held subject to the whims of Mother Nature. Please consider bringing bug spray, a chair for your own comfort, and a water bottle. You may want to contact the marshals of these practices if you need driving directions or more information about these activities. You can find their email addresses through the Endewearde Officer’s list or by checking individual entries on the Endewearde Activities Calendar.