We have just gotten word that our bid was not accepted for the East Kingdom A&S Champions event. Their Highness’ already had another SCA event on that date and so went with a bid that did not conflict. This means that we WILL be hosting Tourney of Love again this year on February 13th and Lord Otto will be our Event Steward. So start your projects and update your auth cards! Who will be our Champeen O’ Love this year?!
Saruca Hatun bint Lazari
There are a couple of cancellation announcements to share for Wednesday, August 26, 2015. Lord Seamus has cancelled Thrown Weapons practice in Hermon, Maine and Lord Thomas has cancelled SCA Project Night in Bar Harbor, Maine. These weekly activities in the Barony of Endewearde should be running as usual next week.
The Baron and Baroness have indicated their desire to sit for another/final 3 year term. As our charter indicates the following will happen. All members of the populace have 30 days to send the Seneschal ( firstname.lastname@example.org) a formal letter of intent to run for the Baronial Seat.
If no one else sends a letter of intent the populace will be polled by closed ballot on September 27th at 3:30 pm at the Bangor Housing Authority. That polling will inform the Baronial Great Officers of the group’s preference. The Baronial Great Officers will then be polled at the same meeting and the decision will be announced.
If there are other Baronial Candidates a full formal polling will be conducted using the East King guidelines and in coordination with the EK Polling Deputy.
The deadline for letters of intent is September 22nd.
The Canton of Basingestoches (incipient) will be hosting a Heavy Fighter practice on Thursday, August 20, 2015 starting at 5:00 pm until people are tired or the sun goes down, whichever comes first! There will be loaner gear available on site so if you have never played before or have an incomplete kit this is your chance for a local practice.
Location for the practice is Apple Blossom Acres, 397 Douglas highway, Lamoine, Maine 04605 If you have any questions or need driving directions to the practice site please contact Lord Thomas de Marr’ at email@example.com
Below is the agenda for Endewearde’s next Baronial Business meeting to be held on August 23rd at the Bangor Housing Authority on the Davis Rd in Bangor. If you have any questions or additions to the agenda please email the me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Saruca Hatun bint Lazari
Saturday, August 15, 2015 (Bucksport, Maine)
- Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship will be held at the Bucksport home of Sir Ané du Vey and Mistress Sylvia du Vey, Baron and Baroness of Endewearde. Come participate in the competition or to practice flinging things on the thrown weapons range. Dress is casual – party tunics or other SCA garb are encouraged (but street clothing is ok).
- Adult Heavy List practice will also be held at the home of our beloved Baron and Baroness in the afternoon. There is no Adult Heavy List practice in Bangor on Sunday, August 16, 2015.
Sunday, August 16, 2015 (Bangor, Maine)
- Adult Rapier Combat and Youth Combat starts at 4:00 pm . Loaner gear is available. This is a weekly practice that usually runs between 4:00-7:00 pm each Sunday afternoon.
- Youth Fencing and Adult Heavy List practices are cancelled today.
- There will be a Scribal Illumination Workshop for both the very new and experienced. Bring what scribal supplies you might have, or just yourself if you are new to drawing and painting, and join in for a late afternoon of instruction and doodling. There is no fee. No garb is required – just wear everyday street clothing. There are plenty of tables and chairs.
- Speedbump will be visiting us to run a workshop on How To Build Your Own Combat Archery Bolts and Arrows. If you want to learn more about combat archery and the supplies needed in a casual class environment then this is the workshop you’ve been waiting for. No SCA garb is required.
Driving directions to the Bangor Housing Authority gym are available at http://endewearde.eastkingdom.org/wp/bangor-housing-authority/
Upcoming Endewearde practices, events, and other activities are listed on the Master Calendar webpage. We hope you will join us at one of our upcoming activities.
The Baronial Thrown Weapons Championship competition will take place on Saturday, August 15, 2015 at the home of Sir Ane du Vey and Mistress Sylvia du Vey, Baron and Baroness of Endewearde. In addition to the thrown weapons practice, adult heavy list practice will also be held at this site.
For more information and the day schedule for thrown weapons please refer to the Baronial Thrown Weapons Practice posting on the Barony of Endewearde website.