The Endewearde Finance Committee does not meet in person on a regular basis, but does communicate, discuss, and vote online. The following information is a summary of our communication this year. For previous years, please look in the archive (currently being constructed–thank you for your patience!).
Please contact any Finance Committee member at any time with questions, comments, concerns, and opinions. The list of committee members can be found here. We value your input!
- The finance committee has agreed to return the following reserved money to the general fund:
- $355 for Jehan’s (the event has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled this year)
- $110 for groups.io (East Kingdom provided a no cost solution to this problem)
- The finance committee has agreed to wait before making a decision on the Baronial Muster.
- The Baronial Muster Funds Request has passed
- 7 yes
- 1 abstain
- 0 no
- Voting opens on Baronial Muster
- Please vote by 03/06
- Discussion on funds request for Baronial Muster
- $100 total: $50 for SCA insurance and $50 for other expenses (water, ice, prizes)
- Same arrangement as previous 2 years; camping Friday and Saturday nights
- Donation might be smaller because Jehan’s is not paying a site fee
- Continue discussion of Baronial Pavillion proposal
- Storage is a concern; perhaps this issue should be worked out before we actually spend the money (or request the money)
- How does this fit into our annual budget
- Endewearde does not currently have an annual budget or process for such; this is an issue to be discussed at a later date.
- Should we consider looking for a lightly used pavilion at Pennsic instead of buying a brand new one?
- A good question. Pennsic can be hit or miss so planning to purchase that way might be difficult and be left to circumstance.
- Begin discussion of Baronial Pavillion funds request process
- This will be the largest expense yet made by the Barony
- Some money has already been raised for this project
- Possible face to face meetings with populace about how to proceed
- Link to proposal document (to come)
- Discussion on transparency with the Barony and how to be more reachable/approachable
- Create a list of finance committee members on the website and keep it updated.
- Create a public record of finance committee activity.